1. To remain responsible to the General Manager concerning Medical Department for all purposes.
2. To ensure maintenance of Railway Hospitals, Dispensaries and Child Welfare Centres.
3. To procure medical for the Indoor/outdoor paitents.
4. To procure and supply nourshing diet to the Indoor paitents.
5. To maintain sanitation of the Railway colonies,office premises and other installations of the Railway.
6. To provide inoculation,BCG Injection, Vaccination and to take effective measures to prevent epedemic diseases.
7. To take steps to eradicate malaria and other contigious/infections diseases.
8. To keep the Ambulance service readily avilable to face eventualities.
9. To exercise population control by way of laigetion, vesectomy and other contraceptives.
10. To arrange Surgical Operation for the patients.
মহাপরিচালক, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ে।