1. To remain responsible for overall supervision of working of Mechanical, Constructions, production and Diesel Workshops over the system.
2. To remain incharge of repair and maintenance of locomotives,boilers carriages and wagons and other workshop machineries.
3. To draw prelimunary works programme for:
(i) Structual works relating to Workshops
(ii) Rolling stock relating to replacements.
(iii) Plant and machinrry of shops and shads.
4. To Supervise Shopping of Locomotives, Carriages and Wagons.
5. To execute new minor works programme concerning Workshops.
6. To remain responsible for workshops out-turn in relation to prescribed target and unit cost.
7. To deal with omportant matters relating to Stores which require administrative decision.
8. To declare condemnation of rolling stocks including boiler.
9. To supervise preparation of designs for alterations,modification and conversion of rolling stock.
10. To ensure preparation of estimates and execution of special works in shops.
11. To make references with stores Department regarding material specifications advice on acceptance of tenders and participation in the tender committee.
12. To inspect the Workshops.
13. To remain responsible for economy concerning workshops and to exercise economy measures.
14. To prepare Financial Reviews relating to workshop;
(a) Capital and depreciation reserve fund.
15. To make correspondences with order placing agencies relating to designs of the articles.
16. To deal with Audit report.
17. To do any other work assigned from time to time.
জনাব মোঃ নূরুল ইসলাম সুজন, এমপি
মাননীয় মন্ত্রী, রেলপথ মন্ত্রণালয়
জনাব মোঃ কামরুল আহসান
মহাপরিচালক, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ে।