1. To function as Principal Officer of the Estate Department under the direct Control of General Manager.
2. To keep and maintain upto-date Railway Land Records.
3. To lease out Railway Spare Land/Plots for Commercial and Cultivation purpose.
4. To arrange collection of rents and maintenance of records therof.
5. To evict encroachament of Railway land and unauthorised occupants of Railway Quarters/Houses.
6. To acquire land to the extent required for use of Railway.
7. To fix up rent of the leased out plot/land.
8. To conduct survey of Railway land proposed to be leased out for commercial and agricultural purpose.
9. To formulate policy for leasing out Railway land, realisation of rent and eviction of unauthorised structures.