1. To remain responsible to the General Manager concerning Medical Department for all purposes.
2. To ensure maintenance of Railway Hospitals, Dispensaries and child Welfare Centres.
3. To procure medicines for the Indoor/Outdoor Patients.
4. To procure and supply nourshing diet to the Indoor patients.
5. To maintain sanitation of the Railway colonies, office premises and other installations of the Railway.
6. To provide Inoculation, BCG Injection. Vaccination and to take effective measures to prevent epidemic diseases.
7. To tale steps to eradicate malaria and other contiguous/infections diseases.
8. To keep the Ambulance service readily available to face eventualities.
9. To exercise population control by way of laigation, vasectomy and other contraceptives.
10. To arrange Surgical Operation for the patients.
11. To equip the Radiology, Pathology & Dental Departments and procure chemicals and appliance for rendering treatment to the patients.
12. To send Medical Team to a locality when affected by Cyclone/Tornado, Flood havoc and other natural calamities.
13. To keep Accident Relief Train fully equipped including First Aid Boxes for rendering treatment to the victims of accident.
বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ের ওয়েবসাইট... বিস্তারিত