1 Being a Head of the Department, to carry out all sorts of administrative responsibilities assigned by the Government.
2. To serve as an advisor/assistant to the Director General regarding material management.
3. Assessment of purchase demand of necessary Railway material in the Revenue Head and making arrangement to purchase the same.
4. As per delegation of authority, acceptance of tender & placement of Contract.
5. To make arrangement of inspection & acceptance of purchased material.
6. Making arrangement of relasing materials imported from abroad .
7. Arranging storage, preservation of diesel spares and issue those according to consumers demand.
8. Arrangement of printing, procurement, preservation of various Railway Tickets, Money Value forms & necessary other forms and supply those to the consumers.
9. To provide administrative and technical guideline to the subordinate officers and staffs, monitoring their activities and to uphold supervision and control over them .
10. Taking ‘Make’ or ‘Buy’ decision in procuring material.
11. Adopting measures to ensure “Best buy”.
12. In procuring import substitute from domestic sources , following BSCIC policy and PPR-08, maintaining all formalities to place contract agreement.
13. Considering savings of Govt. revenue, to provide all sorts of arrangement including -following various purchase techniques, negotiation, Re-Tendering and looking for alternative sources so that it would be possible to procure material at right price, at right time and from right source.
14. To formulate Up-to-Date purchase policy and time to time to issue Revised Procedural Order (RPO) to promote material management.
15. Providing necessary arrangement to send procured material from supply/delivery point to the ultimate consignee.
16. As per directives of the Director General ,time to time to serve as Project Director relating to the procurement.
17. To supervise the activities of Computerized Inventory Control Cell and making arrangement to send related necessary information to the office of the Director General.
18. Arranging disposal of audit objections.
19. To prepare Stores Budget.
20. Giving all out efforts to provide maximum service holding inventory at minimum level.
21. Providing necessary arrangement of placing Letter of Credit (LC) for material imported from foreign sources.
22. Being Manager of Stores, maintaining necessary interaction and coordination with other departments of Bangladesh Railway.
23. To act as Member Secretary on “Dress Regulation” Committee of the staffs of Bangladesh Railway.
কাজী মো: রফিকুল আলম
মহাপরিচালক, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ে।