1. To remain responsible to General Manager in matters of Office administration, Works & Stores. Budget and Planning, Protocol, Civil Defence and Security, Publicity and Public Relations.
2. To co-ordinate between the various Heads of Departments to streamline the working of General Manager.
3. To act as Chief Protocol Officer.
4. To remain in charge of Railway Rest Houses.
5. To convene and manage meetings of the Railway and preparations and distribution of their proceedings.
6. To ensure preparation and publication of rejoinders to any news item pertaining to Railway.
7. To undertake correspondences with various outside agencies including Martial Law Authorities for General Manager.
8. To ensure preparation of Annual Budget both Revenue & development for the entire organisation.
9. To formulate planning and policies for General Manager.
10. To do any other function assigned by the General Manager.
মহাপরিচালক, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ে।