1. To remain responsible to General Manager for smooth management of the Commercial Department.
2. To remain responsible for the sale of transportation provided by a Railway and for the prompt realisation of the earnings.
3. To remain responsible for the Commercial Development and Research.
4. To formulate policies in regard to the Rates and Fares and to fix up Rates and Fares for all Classes of traffic and their quotations to the public, printing and supply of Tickets to stations.
5. To finalise cases arising out of Claims preferred for compensation for loss, damage and deterioration of Goods and Parcels.
6. To deal with Goods/Parcel, handling matters at the station, Catering Policy and contracts for Upper Class Refreshment and Buffet Cars, policy matters on the lower class vending at stations.
7. To deal with public complaints in regard to mis-appropriation and irregularities committed in matter of station earnings and collection of station earnings.
8. To ensure provision of Passengers’ amenities in a moving train.
9. To formulate policies and plans for increasing Railway Revenue by way of realising fares including fines form the ticketless travellers and booking of unbooked consignments.
10. To chalk out measures to be adopted for minimising ticket less travelling and to hold super checks against ticket less travelling.
11. To take effective methods suitable for increasing the earnings of the Railway.
12. To do any other function that may be assigned by the General Manager.
কাজী মো: রফিকুল আলম
মহাপরিচালক, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ে।