1. To act as administrative head of the Central Locomotive Workshop Complex.
2. To remain responsible for overall supervision, control and working of all departments of complex (Mechanical, Stores, Electrical, Engineering, Medical, Nirapatta Bhahini and Accounts).
3. To remain answerable to Chief Mechanical Engineer/Loco in all respect.
4. To remain responsible to respective heads of the department in respect of technical matters.
5. To be controlling authority for foreign consultants who may be associated with the workshop working to allocate duties to the officers under him or her whenever required.
6. To grant leave to the officers of the complex.
7. To prepare shopping program for locomotive fleet of BR related to CLW.
8. To remain responsible for workshop outturn in relation to present target and unit cost.
9. To execute new minor works program in the complex.
10. To deal with important matters relating to stores which requires administrative decision.
11. To recommend condemnation of locomotives and to condemn its components.
12. To supervise preparation of design for alteration, modification and conversion of locomotives.
13. To assist stores on material specification, advise on acceptance of tenders and participation in the tender committee.
14. To remain responsible for economic utilization of wealth, distribution, reallocation and control over budget to different departments.
15. To prepare financial review in relation to 1. Capital , 2.depreciation reserved fund and 3. Revenue.
16. To be responsible for performance of the workshop and conduct of business
জনাব মোঃ নূরুল ইসলাম সুজন, এমপি
মাননীয় মন্ত্রী, রেলপথ মন্ত্রণালয়
মহাপরিচালক, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ে।