1. To work as administrative Head of the Signal and Tele-communication Department and works under the direct control of General Manager.
2. To see that adequate and detailed instructions exist for proper maintenance of signaling Tele-communication equipments.
3. To prepare project proforma, specifications tender documents and agreements for the Signal and Tele-communication development works.
4. To prepare annual budget both revenue and development and to exercise control over it.
5. To design tard layout and to make out rule diagram for all stations
6. To ensure proper managment of the signal Workshop and Tele-communication repair shop.
7. To inspect installation/equipments from time to time to ensure proper maintenance.
8. To maintain liaison with T&T Department for maintenance of land lines Telephone Exchanges and to place demand for telephone connections.
9. To find out ways and means to modify the existing Signalling & Tele-communication equipments for adoption to future changes.
10. To supervise and ensure completion of development works Signalling & Tele-communication department.
11. To be responsible for any other works assinged General Manager.
মহাপরিচালক, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ে।